Applications close Wednesday 27, March 2019
Part-time (0.4 FTE), 12 month contract
At the South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI), we are committed to achieving innovative, ground-breaking health and medical research that fundamentally improves the quality of life for all people.
The Healthy Ageing Research Consortium (HARC) was funded to establish the Registry of Older South Australians (ROSA) to support healthy ageing in our state. ROSA is based at SAHMRI and is coordinated under the auspice of SA’s prestigious, NHMRC-awarded, Academic Health Science and Translation Centre, Health Translation SA.
This is a rare opportunity for a highly motivated and proactive individual to kickstart their career within one of SAHMRI’s growing registries. Reporting to the ROSA Project Manager, this position will also work closely to assist in managing the day-to-day running of the ROSA. With a keen eye for detail, you’ll contribute to literature reviews, drafting research presentations, posters, reports, assisting with grant applications and proof-reading research documents.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a meticulous and methodical approach to their work. You’ll have excellent interpersonal and communication skills which will enable you to work in a small team team, intelligently manage relationships and establish rapport effectively. Sound time management skills, coupled with the ability to manage competing priorities to meet deadlines will see you excel in this role.
About the Role
Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to research activities by:
- Manage the data entry and coordination of the ROSA team’s ongoing projects, grants, and requests in various research management platforms, including NHMRC and PURE
- Provide support to the ROSA Director and Project Manager in drafting applications, amendments, reports, correspondence to comply with ROSA’s ethical, governance, data access, funding and other research administrative requirements
- Managing the ROSA Opt-outs
- Manage the ROSA Hotdesk phone, which includes handling general ROSA enquiries as well as receiving and processing participant withdrawal requests in a professional manner
- Provide general research administration support
The successful candidate will possess the following key attributes:
- Degree qualification in a relevant field (Honours qualification is desirable)
- Demonstrated experience in providing high level support to research projects
- Prior experience in research assistance or coordination will be highly regarded
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Highly ethical and confidential
Everything we do is underpinned by our core values and our Institute is dedicated to grow a culture that pursues, enables and demands research excellence. We are proud of the work we do and work hard as a team to make a positive difference to the community. Our values of excellence, innovation, courage, integrity and teamwork are what help us achieve our goals. If these are also your values and goals, apply today.
For a copy of the position description, please click here.
For more information, please contact Dr Sarah Bray, ROSA Project Manager at email@example.com.
Applications close: - 5pm Wednesday, 27 March 2019
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
SAHMRI is a member of the Athena SWAN Science in Australia Gender Equity programApply