The Histology laboratory at SAHMRI North Terrace was set up with funds from the Australian Phenomics Network (APN). Researchers who wish to use the laboratory first undergo a safety induction and competency assessment for each piece of equipment they require. Once these have been signed off they are able to book through our online system PPMS and use the equipment autonomously.
Researchers have access to:
- Excelsior ES Tissue Processor
- HistoStar Embedding Workstation
- HM325 Microtome
- Shandon Cryotome E
- Stains: H&E, Gram Stain, Masson’s Trichrome, Alcian Blue, Luxol Fast Blue, Tol Blue, Oil Red O, and PAS
- High resolution light microscopy with electronic image capture
- High resolution fluorescence microscopy with electronic image capture
A slide scanning service is also available; however, use is restricted to Histology staff only. This service allows researchers to obtain a high-quality, digital whole slide image capture of slides in Brightfield and with Fluorescence.
For further information, please contact the Histology Laboratory:
Research Support Technician
P (08) 8128 4691