1. Aleliunas RE, Aljaadi AM, Laher I, Glier MB, Green TJ, Murphy M, Miller JW, Devlin AM. Folic Acid Supplementation of Female Mice, with or without Vitamin B-12, before and during Pregnancy and Lactation Programs Adiposity and Vascular Health in Adult Male Offspring. J Nutr. 2016 Mar 9. pii: jn227629. [Epub ahead of print].
2. Bain E, Middleton P, Crowther CA. Progressing towards standard outcomes in gestational diabetes Cochrane reviews and randomised trials Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol. 2016;56(1):113-6.
3. Best KP, Gold M, Kennedy D, Martin J, Makrides M. Omega-3 long-chain PUFA intake during pregnancy and allergic disease outcomes in the offspring: a systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies and randomized controlled trials. Am J Clin Nutr 2016; 103:128-43.
4. Best KP, Sullivan T, Palmer D, Gold M, Kennedy DJ, Martin J, Makrides M. Prenatal Fish Oil Supplementation and Allergy: 6-Year Follow-up of a Randomized Controlled Trial. Pediatrics. 2016 Jun;137(6). pii: e20154443. doi: 10.1542/peds.2015-4443.
5. Brown AE, Fereday JA, Middleton PF, Pincombe JI. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women's experiences accessing standard hospital care for birth in South Australia - A phenomenological study. 2016 Feb 3. pii: S1871-5192(16)00024-X. doi: 10.1016/j.wombi.2016.01.004.
6. Brown AE, Middleton PF, Fereday JA, Pincombe JI. Cultural safety and midwifery care for Aboriginal women - A phenomenological study. Women Birth. 2016;29(2):196-202. doi: 10.1016/j.wombi.2015.10.013.
7. Cheong M, Xiao HY, Tay V, Karakochuk CD, Liu YA, Harvey S, Lamers Y, Houghton LA, Kitts DD, Green TJ. Folic Acid Fortified Milk Increases Blood Folate to Concentrations Associated With a Very Low Risk of Neural Tube Defects in Singaporean Women of Childbearing Age Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2016;25(1):62-70.
8. Collins CT, Gibson RA, Makrides M, McPhee AJ, Sullivan TR, Davis, PG, Rajadurai, VS. The N3RO trial: a randomised controlled trial of docosahexaenoic acid to reduce bronchopulmonary dysplasia in preterm infants < 29 weeks' gestation.. BMC pediatrics 2016;16:72. doi:10.1186/s12887-016-0611-0.
9. Collins CT, Gillis J, McPhee AJ, Suganuma H, Makrides M. Avoidance of bottles during the establishment of breast feeds in preterm infants. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2016:10:CD005252.
10. Fink NH, Collins CT, Gibson RA, Makrides M, Penttila IA. Targeting inflammation in the preterm infant: the role of omega-3 fatty acid docosahexaenoic acid. Journal of Nutrition and Intermediary Metabolism 2016;5:55-60.
11. Flenady V, Wojcieszek AM, Middleton P, Ellwood D, Erwich JJ, Coory M, Khong TY, Silver RM, Smith GC, Boyle FM, Lawn JE, Blencowe H, Leisher SH, Gross MM, Horey D, Farrales L, Bloomfield F, McCowan L, Brown SJ, Joseph KS, Zeitlin J, Reinebrant HE. Ravaldi Stillbirths: recall to action in high-income countries. Lancet. 2016;387(10019):691-702.
12. Gould, JF, Anderson, AJ, Yelland, LN, Gibson, RA, & Makrides, M. Maternal characteristics influence response to DHA during pregnancy. Prostaglandins Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids 2016;108:5-12. doi:10.1016/j.plefa.2016.03.011.
13. Gould JF, Anderson AJ, Yelland LN, Smithers LG, Skeaff CM, Zhou SJ, Gibson RA, Makrides M. Association of cord blood vitamin D with early childhood growth and neurodevelopment. Journal of Pediatrics and Child Health 2016 Aug 27 (epub ahead of print).
14. Gould, JF, Treyvaud, K, Yelland, LN, Anderson, PJ, Smithers, LG, Gibson, RA, . . . Makrides, M. Does n-3 LCPUFA supplementation during pregnancy increase the IQ of children at school age? Follow-up of a randomised controlled trial. BMJ Open 2016;6:e011465. doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2016-011465.
15. Guess K, Malek L, Anderson A, Makrides M, Zhou SJ. Knowledge and practices regarding iodine supplementation: A national survey of healthcare providers. Women Birth 2016;Sep 2. doi: 10.1016/j.wombi.2016.08.007. (epub ahead of print).
16. Han S, Middleton PF, Tran TS, Crowther CA. Assessing use of a printed lifestyle intervention tool by women with borderline gestational diabetes and their achievement of diet and exercise goals: a descriptive study. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2016;16:44. doi: 10.1186/s12884-016-0825-z.
17. Harvey-Leeson S, Karakochuk CD, Hawes M, Tugirimana PL, Bahizire E, Akilimali PZ, Michaux KD, Lynd LD, Whitfield KC, Moursi M, Boy E, Foley J, McLean J, Houghton LA, Gibson RS, Green TJ. Anemia and Micronutrient Status of Women of Childbearing Age and Children 6-59 Months in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Nutrients. 2016;8(2):98. doi: 10.3390/nu8020098.
18. Hawke K, Louise J, Collins CT, Zhou SJ, Brown A, Gibson RA, Makrides M. Growth patterns during the first 12 months of life: post-hoc analysis of South Australian Aboriginal and Caucasian infant data taken from a randomised controlled trial of formula feeding. Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition (2016) Pd1-13.
19. Houghton LA, Parnell WR, Thomson CD, Green TJ, Gibson RS. Serum Zinc Is a Major Predictor of Anemia and Mediates the Effect of Selenium on Hemoglobin in School-Aged Children in a Nationally Representative Survey in New Zealand. J Nutr. 2016 Jul 27. pii: jn235127 [Epub ahead of print].
20. Huynh D, Condo D, Gibson RA, Makrides M, Muhlhausler B, Zhou SJ. Comparison of breast-milk iodine concentrations of lactating women in South Australia pre- and post- mandatory iodine fortification. Public Health Nutr 2016 Aug 19:1-6 (epub ahead of print).
21. Jacobi-Polishook, Collins CT, Sullivan TR, Simmer K, Gillman MW, Gibson RA, Makrides M, Belfort MB. Human milk intake in preterm infants and neurodevelopment at 18 months corrected age. Pediatr Res. 2016 Jun 29. doi: 10.1038/pr.2016.114. [Epub ahead of print].
22. Janmohamed A, Karakochuk CD, Boungnasiri S, Chapman GE, Janssen PA, Brant R, Green TJ, McLean J. Prenatal supplementation with Corn Soya Blend Plus reduces the risk of maternal anemia in late gestation and lowers the rate of preterm birth but does not significantly improve maternal weight gain and birth anthropometric measurements in rural Cambodian women: a randomized trial. Am J Clin Nutr. 2016;103(2):559-66. doi: 10.3945/ajcn.114.104034.
23. Janmohamed, A., Karakochuk CD, Boungnasiri S, Whitfield KC, Chapman GE, Janssen P, McLean J, Green TJ. Factors affecting the acceptability and consumption of Corn Soya Blend Plus as a prenatal dietary supplement among pregnant women in rural Cambodia. Public Health Nutr 2016 19: 1842-1851.
24. Janmohamed A, Karakochuk CD, McLean J, Green TJ. Improved Sanitation Facilities are Associated with Higher Body Mass Index and Higher Hemoglobin Concentration Among Rural Cambodian Women in the First Trimester of Pregnancy. Am J Trop Med Hyg 2016 Aug 22. pii: 16-0278. (Epub ahead of print).
25. Karakochuk CD, Michaux KD, Chai TL, Chan BB, Whitfield KC, Barr SI, McLean J, Talukder A, Hou K, Ly S, Green TJ. Median Urinary Iodine Concentrations are Indicative of Adequate Iodine Status among Women of Reproductive Age in Prey Veng, Cambodia. Nutrients. 2016;8(3):139. doi: 10.3390/nu8030139.
26. Karakochuk CD, Whitfield KC, Rappaport AI, Barr SI, Vercauteren SM, McLean J, Hou K, Talukder A, Houghton LA, Bailey KB, Boy E, Green TJ. Comparison of four immunoassays to measure serum ferritin concentrations and iron deficiency prevalence among non-pregnant Cambodian women and Congolese children. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2016 Jun 23. doi:10.1515/cclm-2016-0421. [Epub ahead of print].
27. Koletzko, B, Fewtrell, M, Gibson, R, Van Goudoever, JB, Hernell, O, Shamir, R, & Szajewska, H. Core data necessary for reporting clinical trials on nutrition in infancy. World Review of Nutrition and Dietetics 2016;114:51. doi:10.1159/000441922.
28. Lassi ZS, Middleton PF, Bhutta ZA, Crowther C. Strategies for improving health care seeking for maternal and newborn illnesses in low- and middle-income countries: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Glob Health Action 2016;9:31408.
29. Lawrence R L, Brown J, Middleton P, Shepherd E, Brown S, Crowther CA. Interventions for preventing gestational diabetes mellitus: An overview of Cochrane Reviews. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2016 (10). doi:10.1002/14651858.CD012394.
30. Lei Y, Carlson S, Yelland LN, Makrides M, Gibson R, Gajewski BJ. Comparison of dichotomized and distributional approaches in rare event clinical trial design: a fixed Bayesian design. Journal of Applied Statistics 2016:1-13.
31. Liu Y, Walkey CJ, Green TJ, van Vuuren HJ, Kitts DD. Enhancing the natural folate level in wine using bioengineering and stabilization strategies Food Chem. 2016;194:26-31.
32. Madden K, Middleton P, Cyna AM, Matthewson M, Jones L. Hypnosis for pain management during labour and childbirth. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2016(5), 149 pages. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD009356.pub3.
33. Malek L, Umberger W, Makrides M, Zhou SJ. Adherence to the Australian dietary guideline during pregnancy : evidence from a national study. Public Health Nutr. 2016;19(7):1155-63.
34. Malek L, Umberger W, Makrides M, Zhou SJ. Poor adherence to folic acid and iodine supplement recommendations in preconception and pregnancy: a cross-sectional analysis. Aust N Z J Public Health 2016 40(5):424-429.
35. McGoldrick E, Brown J, Middleton P, McKinlay CJ, Haas DM, Crowther CA. Antenatal corticosteroids for fetal lung maturation: An overview of Cochrane reviews. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2016(4). doi:10.1002/14651858.CD012156.
36. Metcalfe JR, D'Vaz N, Makrides M, Gold MS, Quinn P, West CE, Loh R, Prescott SL, Palmer DJ Elevated IL-5 and IL-13 responses to egg proteins predate the introduction of egg in solid foods in infants with eczema. Clin Exp Allergy. 2016;46(2):308-16.
37. Middleton P, Crowther CA, Simmonds L. Different intensities of glycaemic control for pregnant women with pre-existing diabetes. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2016(5), CD008540-1-CD008540-73. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD008540.pub4.
38. Molloy CS, Stokes S, Makrides M, Collins CT, Anderson PJ, Doyle LW. Long-term effect of high dose supplementation with DHA on visual function at school age children born at <33 wk gestational age: results from a follow-up of a randomized controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr. 2016;103(1):268-75.
39. Muhlhausler, BS, Yelland, LN, McDermott, R, Tapsell, L, McPhee, A, Gibson, RA, & Makrides, M. DHA supplementation during pregnancy does not reduce BMI or body fat mass in children: follow-up of the DHA to Optimize Mother Infant Outcome randomized controlled trial. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2016;103:1489-1496. doi:10.3945/ajcn.115.126714.
40. Norman M, South C, Quinn P, Chan D, Palmer S, Netting M, Gold M. Does providing written dietary advice improve the ingestion of non-allergic nuts in children with existing nut allergies? - A Randomised Controlled Trial. Clin Exp Allergy 2016;46(5):741-8. doi: 10.1111/cea.12720.
41. Palmer DJ, Sullivan TR, Gold MS, Prescott SL, Makrides M.Randomized controlled trial of early regular egg intake to prevent egg allergy. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2016. pii: S0091-6749(16) 30793.
42. Rappaport A, Karakochuk CD, Whitfield KC,Kheang KM, Green TJ. A method comparison study between two hemoglobinometer models (Hemocue Hb 301 and Hb 201+) to measure hemoglobin concentrations and estimate anemia prevalence among women in Preah Vihear, Cambodia. International Journal of Laboratory Hematology (in press).
43. Salam RA, Hooda M, Das JK, Arshad A, Lassi ZS, Middleton P, Bhutta ZA. Interventions to Improve Adolescent Nutrition: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Journal of Adolescent 2016 59(4S), S29-S39. doi:10.1016/j.jadohealth.2016.06.022.
44. Shepherd E, Middleton P, Makrides M, McIntyre SJ, Badawi N, Crowther CA. Antenatal and intrapartum interventions for preventing cerebral palsy: an overview of Cochrane systematic reviews http://www.cochrane.org/CD012077/PREG_antenatal-a... 2016
45. van Dijk SJ, Zhou J, Peters TJ, Buckley M, Sutcliffe B, Oytam Y, Gibson RA, McPhee A, Yelland LN, Makrides M, Molloy PL, Muhlhausler BS. Effect of prenatal DHA supplementation on the infant epigenome: results from a randomized controlled trial. Clinical Epigenetics [Accepted 23 October 2016].
46. Van Ryswyk EM, Middleton PF, Hague WM, Crowther CA. Women's views on postpartum testing for type 2 diabetes after gestational diabetes: Six month follow-up to the DIAMIND randomised controlled trial. Prim Care Diabetes. 2016;10(2):91-102.
47. Whitfield KC, Karakochuk CD, Kroeun H, Hampel D, Sokhoing L, Chan BB, Borath M, Sophonneary P, McLean J, Talukder A, Lynd LD, Li-Chan EC, Kitts DD, Allen LH, Green TJ. Perinatal Consumption of Thiamine-Fortified Fish Sauce in Rural Cambodia: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Pediatr 2016 Aug 8:e162065. doi: 10.1001/jamapediatrics.2016.2065. (Epub ahead of print).
48. Whitfield KC, Karakochuk CD, Kroeun H, Sokhoing Ly, Chan BB, Borath M, Sophonneary P, Moore K, Tong JK, McLean J, Talukder A,Green TJ Household consumption of thiamine-fortified fish sauce increases erythrocyte thiamine concentrations among rural Cambodian women and their children under 5 years: a randomized controlled efficacy trial. Journal of Pediatrics, accepted for publication.
49. Whitfield KC, Wozniak R, Pradinuk M, Karakochuk CD, Anabwani G, Daly Z, MacLeod SM, Larson CP, Green TJ. Anthropometric measures are simple and accurate paediatric weight-prediction proxies in resource-poor settings with a high HIV prevalence. Arch Dis Child. 2016 Apr 12. doi:10.1136/archdischild-2015-309645. [Epub ahead of print].
50. Wojcieszek AM, Shepherd ES, Middleton P, Lassi Z, Wilson T, Heazell AEP, Flenady V. Care prior to and during subsequent pregnancies following stillbirth for improving outcomes (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, 2016(5), CD012203-1-CD012203-11. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD012203.
51. Yelland LN, Gajewski BJ, Colombo J, Gibson RA, Makrides M, Carlson SE. Predicting the effect of maternal docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) supplementation to reduce early preterm birth in Australia and the United States using results of within country randomized controlled trials. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 2016;112:44-49.
52. Yelland, LN, Makrides, M, McPhee, AJ, Quinlivan, J, & Gibson, RA. Importance of adequate sample sizes in fatty acid intervention trials. Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids 2016;107:8-11. doi:10.1016/j.plefa.2016.02.003.
1. Ahmed S, Makrides M, Sim N, McPhee A, Quinlivan J, Gibson R, Umberger W. Analysis of hospital cost outcome of DHA-rich fish-oil supplementation in pregnancy: Evidence from a RCT. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 2015; 102-103:5-11.
2. Bain E, Crane M, Tieu J, Han S, Crowther CA, Middleton P. Diet and exercise interventions for preventing gestational diabetes mellitus. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2015, Issue 4. Art. No.: CD010443. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD010443.pub2.
3. Bhutta Z, Makrides M, AM Prentice. Preface. In: Bhutta ZA, Makrides M, Prentice AM (eds) Preface; Health and Nutrition in Adolescence and Young Women: Preparing for the Next Generation. Nestle Nutr Inst Workshop Ser, vol 80, pp VII-XINestec Ltd, Vevey/S. Karger AG, Basel, 2015.
4. Bhutta ZA, Makrides M, Prentice AM (eds). Health and Nutrition in Adolescents and Young Women: Preparing for the Next Generation. 2015,Vol 80, Karger Publishing, Switzerland.
5. Collins CT, Gibson RA, Anderson PJ, McPhee AJ, Sullivan TR, Gould JF, Ryan P, Doyle LW, Davis PG, McMichael JE, French NP, Colditz PB, Simmer K, Morris SA, Makrides M. Neurodevelopmental outcomes at 7 years' corrected age in preterm infants who were fed high-dose docosahexaenoic acid to term equivalent: a follow-up of a randomised controlled trial BMJ Open 2015; 5:e007314.
6. Collins CT, Makrides M, McPhee AJ. Early discharge with home support of gavage feeding for stable preterm infants who have not established full oral feeds. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015;7:CD003743
7. Collins CT, Sullivan TR, McPhee AJ, Stark MJ, Makrides MA, Gibson RA. A dose response randomised controlled trial of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) in preterm infants. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 2015; 99:1-6.
8. Condo D, Makrides M, Skeaff S, Zhou SJ. Development and validation of an iodine specific food frequency questionnaire to estimate iodine intake in pregnant women. Brit J Nutr 2015;113:944-952.
9. Dwipoerwantoro PG, Mansyur M, Oswari H, Makrides M, Gleghorn G, Firmansyah A. Growth of Indonesian Infants compared to World Health Organization Growth Standards. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2015;61:248-252.
10. Gould JF, Anderson AJ, Yelland LN, Smithers LG, Skeaff CM, Gibson RA, Makrides M. Association of cord blood vitamin D at delivery with postpartum depression in Australian women. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 2015 Jun 30. doi: 10.1111/ajo.12344. [Epub ahead of print]
11. Greenslade S, Miller J, Tonkin E, Marshall P, Collins CT. Estimating the dietary intake of breastfeeding preterm infants. Int J Environ Res Public Health 2015;12:5408-5419.
12. Gunaratne AW, Makrides M, Collins CT. Maternal prenatal and/or postnatal n-3 LCPUFA supplementation for preventing allergies in early childhood. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2015;7:CD010085.
13. Koletzko B (ed); Bhatia J, Bhutta ZA, Cooper P, Makrides M, Uauy R, Wang W (co-eds) Pediatric Nutrition in Practice, 2nd Edition World Review of Nutrition and Dietetics 2015, Vol 113, Karger publishing, Switzerland.
14. Makrides M, Kleinman RE. The Long and Short of It: Long Chain Fatty Acids and long Term Outcomes for Premature Infants. Pediatrics 2015 ;135:1128-1129.
15. Malek L, Makrides M. 2.8 nutrition in pregnancy and lactation. In: Pediatric Nutrition in Practice; World Review of Nutrition and Dietetics: Basel, Karger, 2015, vol 133, pp 127-133.
16. Malek L, Umberger W, Zhou SJ, Makrides M. In: Bhutta ZA, Makrides M, Prentice AM (eds) Understanding Drivers of Dietary Behavior Before and During Pregnancy in Industrialized Countries. In: Health and Nutrition in Adolescence and Young Women: Preparing for the Next Generation. Nestle Nutr Inst Workshop Ser, vol 80, pp 117-140, (DOI:10.1159/000360356) Nestec Ltd, Vevey/S. Karger AG, Basel, 2015.
17. Metcalfe JR, D'Vaz N, Makrides M, Gold M S,Quinn P, West C E, Loh R, Prescott S L, Palmer D J. Elevated IL-5 and IL-13 responses to egg proteins predate the introduction of egg in solid foods in infants with eczema. Clin Exp Allergy 2015; 10.1111/cea.12608.
18. Netting M, Donato A, Makrides M, Gold M, Quinn P, Penttila I. Allergenicity of pasteurized whole raw Hen's egg compared with fresh whole raw Hen's egg. Pediatr Allergy Immunol 2015; 26: 234-238.
19. Palmer DJ, Sullivan T, Skeaff CM, Smither LG, Makrides M on behalf of the DOMInO Allergy Follow up Team. Higher cord blood 25 hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D] concentrations reduce the risk of early childhood eczema. World Allergy Organ J. 2015;8(1):28. doi: 10.1186/s40413-015-0077-9. eCollection 2015.
20. Pharanda P, Pammi M, Collins CT, Zhou SJ, Abrams SA. Vitamin D supplementation for prevention of vitamin D deficiency in preterm or low birth weight infants (Protocol). Cochrane Database of Systematic reviews 2015, Issue 2.ArtNo.:CD011529. DOI:10.1002/14651858.CD011529
21. Pinto K, Collins CT, Gibson RA, Andersen CC. Vitamin D in preterm infants: A prospective observational study. J Paediatr Child Health 2015;51:679-681.
22. Quinlivan J, Kua S, Gibson RA, McPhee A, Makrides M. Can we identify women who initiate and then prematurely cease breastfeeding? An Australian multicentre study. International Breastfeeding Journal 2015;10:16. doi:10.1186/s13006-015-0041-y [6 pages]
23. Uhl O, Hellmuth C, Demmelmair H, Zhou SJ, Makrides M, Prosser C, Lowry D, Gibson RA, Koletzko B. Dietary Effects on Plasma Glycerophospholipids:Results from a Randomized Controlled Infant Feeding Trial. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2015;61(3):367-72.
24. Zhou SJ, Skeaff M, Gibson RA, Makrides M. Vitamin D status and its predictors among preschool children in Adelaide. J Paediatr Child Health 2015;51:614-619.
25. Zhou SJ, Skeaff SA, Ryan P, Doyle LW, Anderson PJ, Kornman L, Mcphee AJ, Yelland LN, Makrides M The effect of iodine supplementation in pregnancy on early childhood neurodevelopment and clinical outcomes: results of an aborted randomised placebo-controlled trial. Trials. 2015;16:563.
1. Gould JF, Makrides M, Colombo J, Smithers LG. A randomized controlled trial of maternal omega-3 LCPUFA supplementation during pregnancy and early development of attention, working memory and inhibitory control. Am J Clin Nutr 2014; 99:851-9.
2. Heird WC, Makrides M. Fats and Fatty acids In: Kleinman, RE, Greer, FR (eds). Pediatric Nutrition 7th Edition. 2014 ISBN 978-1-58110-816-3 407-434.
3. Lee QU, Palmer DJ, Sullivan T, Makrides M. Fish oil supplementation in pregnancy and childhood allergies. Allergy. 2014;69(3):411.
4. Makrides M, Crosby DD, Bain E, Crowther CA. Magnesium supplementation in pregnancy. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014 Apr 3; 4:CD000937. DOI:10.1002/14651858.
5. Makrides M, Gould JF, Gawlik N, Yelland LN, Anderson PJ, Gibson RA. Four Year Follow-up of Children Born to Woman in a Randomized Controlled Trial of DHA Supplementation during Pregnancy, JAMA 2014:311; 1802-1804.
6. Makrides M, Uauy R. LCPUFAs as conditionally essential nutrients for very low birth weight and low birth weight infants: metabolic, functional, and clinical outcomes-how much is enough? Clin Perinatol. 2014;41(2):451-61. doi: 10.1016/j.clp.2014.02.012.
7. Malek L, Makrides M. 2.8 Nutrition in pregnancy and Lactation. In: Pediatric Nutrition in Practice; World Review of Nutrition and Dietetics: Karger publishing 2014. DOI: 10.1159/000367872].
8. Muhlhausler BS, Gibson RA, Yelland LN, Makrides M. Heterogeneity in cord blood DHA concentrations: towards an explanation. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 2014; 91:135–140.
9. Netting MJ, Middleton PF, Makrides M. Does maternal diet during pregnancy and lactation affect allergy outcomes in their offspring? A systematic review of food based approaches. Nutrition 2014:30; 1225-1241. DOI:10.1016/j.nut2014.02.015.
10. Palmer, DJ; Metcalfe, J; Makrides, M; Prescott, SL. Is cooked egg really less allergenic than pasteurized raw whole egg powder: Reply to Calvani; J Allergy Clin Immunol 2014;133(2):601-2. doi: 10.1016/j.jaci.2013.11.034.
11. Skeaff S, Zhao Y, Gibson RA, Makrides M, Zhou SJ. Iodine status of preschool children prior to mandatory iodine fortification in Australia. Matern Child Nutr 2014; 10:304-312.
12. Yelland LN, Sullivan TR, Makrides M. Accounting for Multiple Births in Randomised Trials: A Systematic Review. Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 2014; 0:F1-F5. DOI:10.1136/archdischild-2014-306239.
13. Zhou SJ, Sullivan T, Gibson RA, Lonnerdal B, Prosser CG, Lowry DJ, Makrides M. Nutritional adequacy of goat milk infant formula for term infants: a double-blind randomised controlled trial. Brit J Nutr 2014; 111:1641-1651.